The search for a lawyer to handle criminal matters, landlord-tenant problem or child custody issues is stressing. However, Residents of New York can now access attorney services ease. This has been made possible through the development of an online portal by the New York State Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS). The portal is confidential and can be accessed through https://nysbalris.legal.io. The 24-hour service can also be accessed through LRIS Telephone services.
According to the state bar President Claire Gutekunst, the platform will provide clients with excellent lawyers whose credentials have been scrutinized by the State Bar Association. The portal was developed by the New York State Bar Association in collaboration with Legal.io, a national referral management technology provider for the legal industry. According to Legal.io CEO Tony Lai, the platform will help lawyers reach a larger number of people at a cheaper cost and create a reputable destination for clients seeking for attorney services.
How Does The Online Service Work?
- A client seeking lawyers’ service should visit the website https://nysbalris.legal.io, and fill a confidential questionnaire detailing their location and their legal concerns.
- The State Bar will then review the survey. The client will then be matched to a lawyer near their location.
- For individuals living within one of the 17 counties with local referral services, their case will be forwarded to their county bar association.
- A client will be required to pay a referral fee of $35 for the first 30 minutes of consultation. Exceptions are however made for military and veterans law, medical malpractice, personal injury, social security, worker compensation and unemployment.
- After the consultation, the client is at liberty to choose another attorney. Any additional fee will be agreed between the client and the attorney.
About Jeremy Goldstein
Jeremy Goldstein is a decorated attorney who is a partner at Jeremy L. Goldstein & Associates, LLC. This reputed boutique law firm specializes in advising CEO’s, compensation committees, corporations, management teams on matters concerning executive compensation and governance.
Jeremy Goldstein is a bachelor of art degree graduate from the Cornell University. He also holds a master’s degree in art history from The University of Chicago. Jeremy Goldstein is also a qualified lawyer having earned a JD degree from the New York University School of Law.
Jeremy Goldstein is an expert in mergers and acquisition. He has participated in acquisition of several organizations. Some of the most notable ones included the acquisition of Goodrich by United Technologies, The Dow Chemical Company by Rohm and Haas Company, Duke Energy by Progress Energy, and NYSE Group Inc. by Euronext.
To learn more, visit http://officialjeremygoldstein.com/.